Remembering Diane Ronnau as fearless CBS producer passes away The Talks Today

Longtime CBS News producer Diane Ronnau has handed away after a 15-year battle with pancreatic most cancers.

CBS introduced the devastating information of Diane’s passing on Saturday (July 23) who had produced and labored on a collection of reports applications for the community.

Many of her mates and colleagues have paid their respects and shared their fond recollections of the veteran information producer.

This content material couldn’t be loaded

See extra

Diane Ronnau, who spent greater than three many years as a producer for CBS News, has died. https://t.co/Eio9mFl5ox

— CBS News (@CBSNews) July 24, 2022

View Tweet

Diane Ronnau has handed away

Diane Ronnau has sadly handed away after battling most cancers for 15 years. She was identified with stage 4 pancreatic most cancers.

The veteran CBS News producer was identified again in 2006, an sickness that has a ten% survival fee.

Diane had been with the community for greater than 30 years, having labored on 48 Hours, CBS Sunday Morning and the CBS Morning present.

She had spent the final 20 years on CBS Evening News the place she produced tales about politics, breakthroughs in medical and scientific innovation, and authorized tales.

Diane was additionally concerned in producing a current CBS News’ primetime particular concerning the Derek Chauvin trial.

Diane opened up about her well being

In a 2007 interview with Sandra Hughes on the CBS News program Eye To Eye, Diane opened up about her situation and mentioned that she was decided to struggle the sickness.

“The truth is sometimes you do things because you have to do them,” Diane mentioned. “I am sick but I also have responsibilities. I have a family, I have work, I have to do those things.

“As much as I was extremely worried by being sick, I also wanted to participate in the rest of my life that I am very attached to.”

She added: “I chose not to be identified by cancer. I chose not to be identified by cancer.”

Tributes paid to CBS producer

Tributes have poured in for Diane after the devastating information of her loss of life.

Talk present host Andy Cohen paid a touching tribute on Instagram and wrote: “As is fitting a CBS News producer, she literally knew about everything. I’m full of great, joyful memories of her.

“Even before summoning the courage to fight this disease for two decades, she was the most adventurous, fearless person you’d meet.”

CBS News nationwide correspondent Lee Cowan mentioned: “I’ve never met anyone who pushed through adversity with such humor and grace. She taught us all not only about journalism, but how to live. She’s one of a kind.”

Julie Cohen shared a touching poem to Diane and wrote in a Twitter put up: “Everything is beautiful and I am so sad. RIP to the luminous Diane Ronnau.”

CBS Evening News govt producer Adam Verdugo mentioned: “Diane was a fighter — a no-nonsense journalist with an unmatched perseverance and wit. I was always struck by her indefatigable spirit.”

ncG1vNJzZmismJrBorjKrKuonJGue6S7zGipnqWVoq%2BmvsinnmacmZa7pnnRqKWnmaVirrR5xZ6Yq6SVqMBur8GsZKmqn5nCpLHRZqeaq6OawG6t1pqwaA%3D%3D